December 18, 2021
Deliciously fudgy, rich brownies packed with milk chocolate chunks and gingerbread spices, and topped with cute mini gingerbread decorations!
December 18, 2021
Time 1 hour (plus cooling)
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 3 Large Eggs
- 100g Plain Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 400g Milk Chocolate
- 3 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Mini Gingerbread Biscuits (I used 17 in total; one for each brownie piece, plus one crushed as decoration. I bought bought them from Sainsbury's!)
- Gingerbread Sprinkles (See Recommended Equipment and Ingredients for the ones I used!)
- Line a 9"x9" baking tin. Heat your oven to 180°C (350°F) standard / 160°C (320°F) fan. Chop 300g of the Milk Chocolate in to chunks.
- Break the dark chocolate in to chunks and then microwave in 20 second bursts until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20 seconds bursts until smooth, and then add the melted butter to a large bowl along with the caster sugar. Whisk (I use a hand whisk!) the melted butter and sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk thoroughly. You should have a pale smooth mixture.
- Gently fold in the melted dark chocolate, and then sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, and the spices (ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg). Fold the mixture gently until no flour pockets remains. Finally, fold in the chopped milk chocolate pieces
- Pour the mixture in to the lined tin. Cook the brownies for 25-30 mins until the middle has a very slight wobble and a toothpick/skewer test has a few wet crumbs. Don’t overbake or it’ll lose it's fudgeyness and become cakey!
- Once baked, leave your brownies to cool in the tin completely. Cut in to portions, and then we can decorate: Melt the remaining 100g of milk chocolate in the microwave in 20 second burst until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate on to each brownie (you can either use a small piping bag or just drizzle on with a spoon), and then while the chocolate is still melted, decorate each brownie piece with a gingerbread man, and gingerbread sprinkles. Enjoy!
- - Once cooled, store the brownies in an airtight container where they'll keep for up to 1 week (try storing them in the fridge if you want them to be super fudgy!).
- - The milk chocolate chunks in the brownies and the spinkles and biscuits for decoration are completely optional - without them you'll still have a yummy winter spiced brownie!