April 17, 2021
Classic blueberries muffins that are moist, tender, and quick and easy to make!
April 17, 2021
Time 45 minutes
- 250g Plain Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 200ml Milk - I used semi-skimmed
- 150g Unsalted Butter - Melted and slightly cooled (or salted butter and omit the 1/2 teaspoon of salt)
- 2 large Eggs - Room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 150g Blueberries - washed and ready to use (I used fresh)
- Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Heat oven to 200°C (390°F) standard / 180°C (350°F) fan. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Sieve the dry ingredients (plain flour, baking powder, salt, and caster sugar) together in to a large bowl. Whisk to evenly distribute the ingredients, and then set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients (eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract) to the slightly cooled melted butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then add the wet to the dry, along with all but one large handful of the blueberries. Fold the ingredients together until no large pockets of dry ingredients remain - be careful to not over-mix, it's okay if there's still some small lumps.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly between the 12 muffin cases, then scatter the blueberries on top of each muffin. Bake for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180°C (350°F) standard / 160°C (320°F) fan and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes (so 20-23 minutes total bake time!), or until the muffins are lightly golden and spring back when touched gently. Let the muffins cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- - These muffins are best eaten on the day of baking, but they keep for up to 1 week when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature!
- - Tip: If you're worried about your blueberries sinking then try tossing them in flour (they should be fully coated in a thin layer) before adding them to the muffin batter!
- - For a larger muffin: divide the batter between 6 tulip muffin cases and cook for 5 minutes at the higher temp, plus an additional 20-25 minutes at the lower temp, or until cooked (so 25-30 minutes total bake time!)